Gemmology Practice & Validation | 1 day
Time & Location
About The Course
Have you done a couple of gemmology courses, but not really sure you’re doing it right? Have you been testing gemstones for years, but never get to practice, or never have anyone check your work? Would you like the opportunity to practice with an experienced tutor to help you? Would you like to test your skills to know you are getting it right, so you can have the confidence to do this in your business for customers?
This 1-day course is perfect anyone who has just started a career in gemmology or conversely has been doing it for a while, and wants to validate their skills.
Over the duration of the day you will have the opportunity to test a wide range of natural, man-made (synthetic), assembled, imitation and treated gemstones. With full information of each stone to learn from.
You will be have on hand an experienced practical gemmologist and tutor, who has real world experience of testing gemstones as well as of teaching these skills to a range of students, with differing ages, experience and learning abilities and styles. You will be given the individual support you need to hone your skills and practice full gem testing in a tutored environment.
At the end of the day you will test a number of unknown stones in controlled conditions to assess your accuracy in testing, and identification, and after the day will receive full feedback on your results.
- Validate skills in practical gem testing
- How to create a data profile of a gemstone to ascertain an accurate identification
- Good testing practice
- How accurate you are in general gem testing
Who is it for:
- People who have recently undertaken some gemmology training and need to validate their skills
- Experienced gemmologists and gem testers who want to practice, and make sure they are still accurate
What does it include:
- 4.5 hours tutor led instruction
- Use of practice gemstones
- Loan of equipment if needed
- Morning and afternoon refreshments
- Full feedback of your test results within 5 working days of the course
Skills & experience needed:
- Ability to use basic gem testing equipment
- 1 day
- 19th August 2020
What you earn:
- Certificate of Completion & results of your test
- Maidstone | Gem validation£245£2450£0